Saturday, April 16, 2011

Screw Extractor, random disassembly

So after rebuilding the carb I got stuck for a few days thanks to a nicely stripped countersunk aluminum retaining screw in the air filter box. 
This is where I learned of the gloriousness that is a 'screw extractor' or a left threaded screw. Thanks to the drill from dad and the titanium bit, I drilled a little hole in the screw and with a pair of vice grips she came right out! VICTORY! 

In the meantime, I had got frustrated so I started doing things I knew I could accomplish, like disassembly of random parts and their cataloging for later reassembly. See pics.
You probably cant read or see it from the pic but this is in italian and is very visibly the original inner tube, which still holds air. Better believe thats goin back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment